By: Robert J. Nahoum
According to the New York State Unified Court System, as the Covid pandemic raged on, New York debt collection law-firm Rubin & Rothman filed 15,978 New York debt collection lawsuits in 2021 including 1,766 cases in the Bronx, 3.118 cases on Brooklyn, 1,449 cases in Nassau County, 3,234 cases in Queens and 2,063 cases in Suffolk County.
Rubin & Rothman represents some of the most active debt buyers and creditors including:
|· LVNV Funding, LLC (Debt Buyer)
· Midland Funding, LLC (Debt Buyer)
· Stellar Recovery, Inc. (Debt Buyer)
· National Collegiate Student Loan Trust (Student Loans)
· Berkley College (Student Loans)
· Apex Technical School (Student Loans)
· Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (Auto Loans)
· Primus Automotive Financial Service Inc. (Auto Loans)
· TD Auto Finance LLC (Auto Loans)
· Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC (Auto Loans)
· Daimler Trust (Auto Loans)
· Ford Motor Credit Company LLC (Auto Loans)
· FIA Card Services NA (Credit Cards)
· Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. (Credit Cards)
· Citibank, N.A. (Credit Cards)
· Bank Of America NA (Credit Cards)
· JPMorgan Chase
· Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union (Credit Cards and Auto Loans)
Rubin & Rothman regularly makes debt collection phone calls from (800) 298-6058 and is located at 1787 Veterans’ Memorial Highway #32, Islandia, NY 11749.
While Rubin & Rothman is a law-firm, in reality they are more like a glorified collection agency using the courts as a debt collection tool. Once a judgment is obtained, law-firm debt collectors like Rubin & Rothman can freeze bank accounts, garnishee wages and issue subpoenas.
Law-firm debt collectors like Rubin & Rothman employ few attorneys but many debt collection agents. In fact, if you call them, you will not speak with an attorney, you will speak with a debt collection agent who is probably being paid a commission for any money he or she collects from you.
Rubin & Rothman has been sued by consumers for violations of federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It precludes third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
If a debt collector like Rubin & Rothman, LLC violates the FDCPA, you can sue or statutory damages up to $1,000.00 plus actual damages (like pain and suffering) and your attorney’s fees. In FDCPA cases, The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C. doesn’t charge our clients a penny out of pocket.
If you need help settling or defending a debt collection law suit, stopping harassing debt collectors or suing a debt collector, contact us today to see what we can do for you. With office located in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Rockland County, the Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum defends consumers in debt collection cases throughout the Tristate area including New Jersey.
The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C