HOW WE WORK?
Working with us to resolve your federal student loans has three goals:
- Information â€“ We will analyze your entire federal student loan portfolio so that we can present to you a clear and understandable picture of your repayment obligations and options.
- Advise â€“ Based on the analysis of your federal student loan portfolio and your individual family and financial circumstances, we will make recommendations to you on how to repay your federal student loans and, were applicable, qualify for student loan forgiveness or discharge.
- Advocacy – Represent you as your attorney in the implementation of your federal student loan strategy.
There are three steps to working with us to resolve your student loans:
- Data â€“ Sign up for our federal student loan resolution program and help us to gather and analyze your federal student loan information.
- Consultation â€“ Schedule your 30-minute federal student loan resolution session (in person or via skype) where we will explain the particulars of your federal student loan profile and make our recommendations for your federal student loan resolution strategy.
- You Choose â€“ It is your choice to hire us to represent you as your attorney in the implementation of your federal student loan strategy.
We charge only $300 for our deep dive into your federal student loan profile, 30-minute federal student loan resolution session and our recommendations for your federal student loan resolution strategy. You will walk away from the session with a report detailing your federal student loan profile and repayment strategy.
Should you choose to hire us to represent you as your attorney in the implementation of your federal student loan strategy, costs vary depending on the particulars of each clientâ€™s individual circumstances.
What Should You Hope to Get from Working with Us?
Donâ€™t pay more than the law requires!
Generally, there is no one single way to repay a Federal student loan. Federal student loan regulations offer a variety of student loan rep
ayment options based on the borrowerâ€™s income and family size. Working with us will help you to understand and apply for the best repayment plan that meets your needs.
Under some circumstances, some borrowers may qualify for student loan forgiveness. Repaying under the appropriate repayment plan is usually a prerequisite to qualifying for student loan forgiveness.
Also, under certain circumstances, some borrowers may qualify for student loan discharge eliminating all together the obligation to repay federal student loans. These discharges are generally not automatic, and advocacy may be necessary to qualify.
Federal student loans are subject to a complicated and confusing web of laws. We are licensed and experienced lawyers who understand the law, how it applies to you and how to navigate towards the best possible student loan resolution for you.
Start today getting your federal student loans in order by contacting us to schedule your student 30-minute federal student loan resolution session.
Student Loan Law is not a topic specifically taught at law schools so for an attorney to know and understand student loan law and to be able to apply it correctly, they need to have taken this workshop led by the nationâ€™s leading and first Student Loan Lawyer â€“ Joshua RI Cohen, â€œThe Student Loan Lawyerâ€. Graduates of this workshop have learned how to:
- Properly audit federal student loan historical information for red flags
- Identify repayment options that you can qualify for
- Assess forgiveness programs based upon your career
- Recognize circumstances in which you are eligible for partial or complete forgiveness
- Help lower monthly payments
- Measure different options based on your current status and future goals
- Handle student loans into bankruptcy without you losing benefits or qualifications for special programs
- Determine if your loan can be discharged in a bankruptcy
- Accurately evaluate and implement federal loan consolidation strategies
- Move your loan out of default and into an affordable payment plan
- Recognize the organizations in the federal loan ecosystem, which companies are responsible for what services and when they are overstepping their authority
- Identify when a credit violation has occurred by these companies
- Defend you from lawsuits by federal or private student loan lenders