Harassed by Collection Agency Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC in New York or New Jersey?
- March 27, 2014
- No comments
By: Robert J. Nahoum
Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC is an infamous collection agency and debt buyer, buying up portfolios of old debt from banks, credit card companies, hospitals, doctors, cell phone companies and car companies for pennies on the dollar. The debt buyers then try to collect the full amount from consumers, plus interest, penalties, late fees, overdraft fees, attorney’s fees and whatever other kinds of fees they can dream up.
Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC regularly makes debt collection phone calls from (800) 501-0909 and is located at:
500 Summit Lake Drive
Valhalla, NY 10595
Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC debt collection cases often are filed under various derivations of its name including “Cavalry SPV I, LLC”, “Cavalry SPV II, LLC”, and “Cavalry SPV IV, LLC”.
Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC has been routinely accused of violating federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and is sued regularly by consumers for these violations. The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It prohibits third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
Accusations against collection agencies like Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC include
- Harassing consumer over the phone,
- Misleading consumers about the character, amount or legal status of the debt
- Communicating with consumers who demanded that communications cease and desist,
- Suing consumers in the wrong court,
- The collection of any amount (including any interest and penalties) unless that amount is expressly authorized by the agreement creating the debt or permitted by law.
- Without the consumer’s consent, communicating with any person other than you or your attorney in connection with the collection of a debt.
- Calling consumers before 8 am or after 9 pm.
- Calling consumers an unreasonable number of times.
- Using profane or other abusive language.
If Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC has been harassing you, consider hiring a qualified attorney experienced in debt defense and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If a debt buyer like Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC violates the FDCPA, you can sue it for statutory damages up to $1,000.00 plus actual damages (like pain and suffering) and your attorney’s fees. In FDCPA cases, most good consumer lawyers don’t charge their clients a penny out of pocket.
The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C