NY Debt Collection Law Firm Forster & Garbus Filed 14,466 Debt Collection Cases In 2016
- January 6, 2017
- No comments
By: Robert J. Nahoum
Forster & Garbus, LLP is an infamous debt collection law-firm representing creditors and debt buyers. Debt buyers buy up portfolios of old debt from banks, credit card companies, hospitals, doctors, cell phone companies and car companies for pennies on the dollar.
According to the New York State Unified Court System, Forster & Garbus filed 14,466 New York debt collection lawsuits in 2016. This is down about 43% from the number of cases Forster & Garbus filed in 2015.
Forster & Garbus represents some of the most active creditors and debt buyers including:
|· Discover Bank – (Credit Cards)
· Capital One Bank – (Credit Cards)
· Citibank, N.A. – (Credit Cards)
· American Express Bank – (Credit Cards)
· Westchester County Health Care Corporation – (Medical Debt)
· SLM Education Credit Finance Corporation – (Student Loans)
· Navient Credit Finance Corporation – (Student Loans)
· National Collegiate Student Loan Trust – (Student Loans)
· Razor Capital, LLC – (Debt Buyer)
· Cypress Financial Recoveries, LLC– (Debt Buyer)
· LVNV Funding, LLC – (Debt Buyer)
· Midland Funding, LLC – (Debt Buyer)
· Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC – (Debt Buyer)
· Asset Acceptance, LLC – (Debt Buyer)
· PYOD LLC – (Debt Buyer)
Forster & Garbus regularly makes debt collection phone calls from 800-245-9943 and is located at:
60 Motor Parkway
Commack, NY. 11725
While Forster & Garbus is a law-firm, in reality they are more like a glorified collection agency able to use the courts as a debt collection tool. Once a judgment is obtained, law-firm debt collectors like Forster & Garbus can freeze bank accounts, garnishee wages and issue subpoenas.
Law-firm debt collectors like Forster & Garbus employ few attorneys but many debt collection agents. In fact, if you call them, you will not speak with an attorney, you will speak with a debt collection agent who is probably being paid a commission for any money he or she collects from you.
Forster & Garbus and many of its debt buyer clients are notorious violators of federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and are sued regularly by consumers for these violations. The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It precludes third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
If you need help settling or defending a debt collection law suit, stopping harassing debt collectors or suing a debt collector, contact us today to see what we can do for you. With office located in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Rockland County, the Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum defends consumers in debt collection cases throughout the Tristate area including New Jersey.
The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C