Harassed by Collection Agency Midland Funding, LLC in New York or New Jersey?
- April 4, 2014
- No comments
By: Robert J. Nahoum
Midland Funding, LLC is an infamous collection agency and debt buyer, buying up portfolios of old debt from banks, credit card companies, hospitals, doctors, cell phone companies and car companies for pennies on the dollar. The debt buyers then try to collect the full amount from consumers, plus interest, penalties, late fees, overdraft fees, attorney’s fees and whatever other kinds of fees they can dream up.
Midland Funding, LLC operates under a variety of names including “Midland Funding of Delaware, LLC”, “Midland Credit Management, Inc.”, “Midland Funding Corporation”, “Midland Funding NCC-2 Corp.”, “MRC Receivables Corp.”. All of the Midland Funding, LLC companies are owned by Encore Capital Group, Inc., a public company traded on the NASDAQ: under ticker symbol ECPG.
Midland Funding, LLC and its affiliates regularly make debt collection phone calls from (800) 877-2377 and (800) 265-8825 and are located at:
8875 Aero Drive, Suite 200
San Diego, California 92123
Midland Funding, LLC has been routinely accused of violating federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and is sued regularly by consumers for these violations. The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It prohibits third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
Accusations against collection agencies like Midland Funding, LLC include
- Harassing consumer over the phone,
- Misleading consumers about the character, amount or legal status of the debt
- Communicating with consumers who demanded that communications cease and desist,
- Suing consumers in the wrong court,
- The collection of any amount (including any interest and penalties) unless that amount is expressly authorized by the agreement creating the debt or permitted by law.
- Without the consumer’s consent, communicating with any person other than you or your attorney in connection with the collection of a debt.
- Calling consumers before 8 am or after 9 pm.
- Calling consumers an unreasonable number of times.
- Using profane or other abusive language.
If Midland Funding, LLC has been harassing you, consider hiring a qualified attorney experienced in debt defense and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If a debt buyer like Midland Funding, LLC violates the FDCPA, you can sue it for statutory damages up to $1,000.00 plus actual damages (like pain and suffering) and your attorney’s fees. In FDCPA cases, most good consumer lawyers don’t charge their clients a penny out of pocket.
The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C