NY Debt Collection Law-Firm Rubin & Rothman LLC Filed 10,385 Collection Cases In 2016
- January 18, 2017
- No comments
By: Robert J. Nahoum
Rubin & Rothman LLC is an infamous debt collection law-firm representing creditors, auto lenders, private for profit colleges and debt buyers.
According to the New York State Unified Court System, Rubin & Rothman filed more than 10,000 New York debt collection lawsuits in 2016 which is considerably larger than the on par with the 6,444 they filed in 2015. Debt collection cases like these are most often brought in New York’s civil, city and small claims courts.
Rubin & Rothman represents some of the most active debt buyers including:
|· LVNV Funding, LLC (Debt Buyer)
· Midland Funding, LLC (Debt Buyer)
· Stellar Recovery, Inc. (Debt Buyer)
· National Collegiate Student Loan Trust (Student Loans)
· Berkley College (Student Loans)
· Apex Technical School (Student Loans)
· Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (Auto Loans)
· Primus Automotive Financial Service Inc. (Auto Loans)
· TD Auto Finance LLC (Auto Loans)
· Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC (Auto Loans)
· Daimler Trust (Auto Loans)
· Ford Motor Credit Company LLC (Auto Loans)
· FIA Card Services NA (Credit Cards)
· Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. (Credit Cards)
· Citibank, N.A. (Credit Cards)
· Bank Of America NA (Credit Cards)
· Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union (Credit Cards and Auto Loans)
Rubin & Rothman regularly makes debt collection phone calls from (800) 298-6058 and is located at 1787 Veterans’ Memorial Highway #32, Islandia, NY 11749.
While Rubin & Rothman is a law-firm, in reality they are more like a glorified collection agency able to use the courts as a debt collection tool. Once a judgment is obtained, law-firm debt collectors like Rubin & Rothman can freeze bank accounts, garnishee wages and issue subpoenas.
Law-firm debt collectors like Rubin & Rothman employ few attorneys but many debt collection agents. In fact, if you call them, you will not speak with an attorney, you will speak with a debt collection agent who is probably being paid a commission for any money he or she collects from you.
Rubin & Rothman has been sued countless times for violations of federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It precludes third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
If you need help settling or defending a debt collection law suit, stopping harassing debt collectors or suing a debt collector, contact us today to see what we can do for you. With office located in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Rockland County, the Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum defends consumers in debt collection cases throughout the Tristate area including New Jersey.
The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C