By: Robert J. Nahoum
Palisades Collection, LLC is an infamous collection agency and debt buyer, buying up portfolios of old debt from banks, credit card companies, hospitals, doctors, cell phone companies and car companies for pennies on the dollar. The debt buyers then try to collect the full amount from consumers, plus interest, penalties, late fees, overdraft fees, attorney’s fees and whatever other kinds of fees they can dream up.
Palisades Collection, LLC is a debt collection agency who often collects consumer debts on behalf of its affiliate Palisades Acquisition XVI, LLC. The two Palisades are separate entities on paper only, in reality the two are the same, operating from the same location and under the same ownership. Palisades Collection, LLC is a debt collection agency while Palisades Acquisition XVI, LLC is a vehicle for their owners and investors to buy up portfolios of old debt from banks, credit card companies, hospitals, doctors, cell phone companies and car companies for pennies on the dollar. Debt buyers like Palisades Acquisition XVI, LLC then try to collect the full amount from consumers, plus interest, penalties, late fees, overdraft fees, attorney’s fees and whatever other kinds of fees they can dream up.
Palisades Collection, LLC and its affiliates regularly make debt collection phone calls from (800) 873-5648 and are located at:
210 Slyvan Avenue
Engelwood Cliff, New Jersey, 07632
Palisades Collection, LLC and its affiliates are owned by Asta Funding, Inc, publicly traded on the NASDAQ under ticker symbol ASFI.
Palisades Collection, LLC and its affiliates are notorious violators of federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and are sued regularly by consumers for these violations. The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It precludes third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
Accusations against collection agencies like Palisades Collection, LLC include
- Harassing consumer over the phone,
- Misleading consumers about the character, amount or legal status of the debt
- Communicating with consumers who demanded that communications cease and desist,
- Suing consumers in the wrong court,
- The collection of any amount (including any interest and penalties) unless that amount is expressly authorized by the agreement creating the debt or permitted by law.
- Without the consumer’s consent, communicating with any person other than you or your attorney in connection with the collection of a debt.
- Calling consumers before 8 am or after 9 pm.
- Calling consumers an unreasonable number of times.
- Using profane or other abusive language.
If Palisades Collection, LLC has been harassing you, consider hiring a qualified attorney experienced in debt defense and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If a debt buyer like Palisades Collection, LLC violates the FDCPA, you can sue it for statutory damages up to $1,000.00 plus actual damages (like pain and suffering) and your attorney’s fees. In FDCPA cases, most good consumer lawyers don’t charge their clients a penny out of pocket.