Harassed by Collection Agency New Century Financial Services, Inc. in New York or New Jersey?
- April 4, 2014
- No comments
By: Robert J. Nahoum
New Century Financial Services, Inc. is an infamous collection agency and debt buyer, buying up portfolios of old debt from banks, credit card companies, hospitals, doctors, cell phone companies and car companies for pennies on the dollar. The debt buyers then try to collect the full amount from consumers, plus interest, penalties, late fees, overdraft fees, attorney’s fees and whatever other kinds of fees they can dream up.
New Century Financial Services, Inc. regularly makes debt collection phone calls from 973-753-9415, (888) 989-8300 and is located at:
110 South Jefferson Road, Suite 104
Whippany, NJ 0798
New Century Financial Services, Inc. is regularly represented by the debt collection law firm Pressler and Pressler, LLP. Both New Century Financial Services, Inc. and Pressler and Pressler, LLP are notorious violators of federal debt collection laws known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and is sued regularly by consumers for these violations. The FDCPA is a federal law that regulates the collection of consumer debts. It precludes third party debt collectors from using false, misleading, deceptive and harassing debt collection tactics.
Accusations against collection agencies like New Century Financial Services, Inc. include
- Harassing consumer over the phone,
- Misleading consumers about the character, amount or legal status of the debt
- Communicating with consumers who demanded that communications cease and desist,
- Suing consumers in the wrong court,
- The collection of any amount (including any interest and penalties) unless that amount is expressly authorized by the agreement creating the debt or permitted by law.
- Without the consumer’s consent, communicating with any person other than you or your attorney in connection with the collection of a debt.
- Calling consumers before 8 am or after 9 pm.
- Calling consumers an unreasonable number of times.
- Using profane or other abusive language.
If New Century Financial Services, Inc. has been harassing you, consider hiring a qualified attorney experienced in debt defense and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If a debt buyer like New Century Financial Services, Inc. violates the FDCPA, you can sue it for statutory damages up to $1,000.00 plus actual damages (like pain and suffering) and your attorney’s fees. In FDCPA cases, most good consumer lawyers don’t charge their clients a penny out of pocket.
The Law Offices of Robert J. Nahoum, P.C